What We Do
What does the CRC do for the Texas coast?
- Facilitates and leads project management of planning processes including comprehensive planning, hazard mitigation planning and environmental planning.
- Facilitates community and stakeholder engagement in planning processes.
- Provides technical assistance and transfers and translates planning data and tools to support decision making.
- Educates and trains community elected and appointed officials and staff on planning resources, tools and best practices.
- Conducts applied research on social vulnerability, coastal planning, risk perception, hazard mitigation, ecosystem services and the economic impacts of coastal hazards.
- Facilitates multi-jurisdictional watershed planning to protect water quality and quantity and to mitigate stormwater runoff.
- Supports research and fills information gaps in the current understanding of ecosystem management best practices.
- Provides service/transformational learning opportunities for university students – the next generation of coastal stakeholders and leaders.