NOAA Coastal Management Fellowship
2017 NOAA Coastal Management Fellowship Opportunity for the 2017 - 2019 Fellowship Program is CLOSED.
Applications are due to Texas Sea Grant by Friday, January 20, 2017, 4:00 pm CST.
WHAT is it?
- A fellowship established to provide on-the-job education and training opportunities in coastal resource management and policy for postgraduate students.
- A two-year opportunity that offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, and relocation and travel expense reimbursement.
- A program that matches postgraduate students with state coastal resource agencies to work on coastal projects proposed by the state and selected by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Coastal Services Center.
WHO is eligible?
- Any student completing a master's, doctoral, or professional degree in natural resource management or environmental-related studies from an accredited U.S. University between January 1, 2016, and July 31, 2017.
- Fellowship starts in August 2017 and ends August 2019.
- Students from a broad range of environmental programs are encouraged to apply.
HOW to apply:
- Submit application packages to Mia Zwolinski, Research Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 20, 2017, 4:00 PM CST.
Sea Grant Programs will forward nomination packages to NOAA by February 17, 2017, 5:00 PM CST, with notification of finalists by the end of March.
WHERE can you get information?
- Application information, eligibility and selection, timeline and detailed FAQs may be found at: https://coast.noaa.gov/fellowship/
- See a video from a recent Fellow: https://coast.noaa.gov/data/gallery/videos/fellowship.mp4
- Read about the 6 selected States / Agencies and their full proposals which provides insight on their project goals at https://coast.noaa.gov/fellowship/stateprojects.html.
- Additional information contact: Mia Zwolinski, Research Coordinator at email@example.com or 979-458-0449.