Texas Sea Grant’s mission is to improve the understanding, wise use and stewardship of Texas coastal and marine resources. To achieve this mission, Texas Sea Grant develops and supports research, education and outreach programs and partnerships and relies on the public for knowledge, advice and guidance. The best source for such guidance is an active, well-informed and committed Advisory Committee.
Advisory Committee members represent the diversity of Texas' citizens, partners and stakeholders. As such, the committee consists of a broad cross section of individuals who represent different regions of the state, relevant local, state and federal management, teaching and research institutions, independent school districts, private entities, non-profit organizations and non-governmental organizations.
Advisory Committee Members
- John T. Cooper, Jr., Ph.D., Assistant Vice President Public Partnership & Outreach, Texas A&M University
- Benny Gallaway, Ph.D., President, LGL Ecological Research Associates
- Regina Garcia Pena, President, Philly Seafood Inc.
- David Green, Deputy Director, Coastal Resources, Texas General Land Office
- Lisa Gonzalez, President, HARC
- Andrea Hance, Executive Director, Texas Shrimp Association
- Scott Hickman, Captain and Owner, Circle H Outfitters and Charters
- Jeff Hyde, Ph.D., Director, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Robin Riechers, Director of Coastal Fisheries, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Greg Stunz, Ph.D., Professor and Executive Director, Center for Sportfish Science and Conservation and Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Harte Research Institute
- John C. Tracy, Ph.D., Director, Texas Water Resources Institute