Texas Sea Grant’s mission is to improve the understanding, wise use and stewardship of Texas coastal and marine resources. To achieve this mission, Texas Sea Grant develops and supports research, education and outreach programs and partnerships and relies on the public for knowledge, advice and guidance. The best source for such guidance is an active, well-informed and committed Advisory Committee.
Advisory Committee members represent the diversity of Texas' citizens, partners and stakeholders. As such, the committee consists of a broad cross section of individuals who represent different regions of the state, relevant local, state and federal management, teaching and research institutions, independent school districts, private entities, non-profit organizations and non-governmental organizations.
Advisory Committee Members
- Quenton Dokken, Ph.D., Executive Director, Texas Institute for Applied Environmental Research, Tarleton State University
- Benny Gallaway, Ph.D., President, LGL Ecological Research Associates
- Andrea Hance, Director, Texas Shrimp Association
- M. Sam Mannan, Ph.D., Regents Professor and Director, Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Robin Riechers, Director of Coastal Fisheries, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Doug L. Steele, Director, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Greg Stunz, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for Sportfish Science and Conservation, Endowed Chair in Fisheries and Ocean Health, and Professor of Marine Biology, Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- John C. Tracy, Ph.D., Director, Texas Water Resources Institute, Texas A&M University
- Jace Tunnell, Director, Mission-Aransas National Estuarine Research
- Shannon Van Zandt, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Assistant Department Head, Director, Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning, Texas A&M University
- Kate Zultner, Planning and Policy Coordinator, Texas General Land Office